Monday, July 25, 2005

I Have Returned......even more radical then when I left.

We made it home today about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. We had a great time, although I'm glad to be home and don't want to sit in a car again for some time. We stopped at "Endless caverns" on the way down. There are a lot of caves in the Shenandoah Valley. It was a cool 55 degrees in that hole, and I think if I ever live in the south I want to live in a cave. The Polyface Field Day was well worth the trip. There were 1300 people there, and thats because they cut off ticket sales when it hit 1300. Alternative Agriculture is coming of age, can you imagine that many people attending something like this 10 or even 5 years ago. It pleased me to no end to see a lot of young families with lots of kids, lots of "conservative christians", and a lot of regular folks who want to learn in attendance. Alternative agriculture is not just for hippies anymore! I don't have time right now to go into detail about polyface, but I will hit the highlights and tell you what I saw and heard in future posts. I did meet up with Keith while I was there. A real nice guy with a beautiful family. We also went down to ST Peter on Sunday. We enjoyed the service and I had a chance to chat with Rick and some other fine folks while we we're there. Tonight I have beans to pick and I'm a little bit tired, so I'll tell you more on Tuesday.

And Keith, tell you daughter I loved her realtree skirt. I wanted to get a picture of you all for the blog, but I didn't catch you in time. She was the best dressed lady there!

6 Comments:

At 7/25/2005 5:04 PM, Blogger B. D. Buie said...

Welcome back Scott, you were missed. I look forward to hearing all about your trip tomorrow. It will be the highlight of my day!

Alternative agriculture is not just for hippies anymore!

Hahaha, I loved that.

 
At 7/26/2005 4:22 AM, Blogger Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

Glad you got to visit St. Peter. Sad you didn't come visit me!

 
At 7/26/2005 5:35 AM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

Hello All

I'll try to post later today. The manure spreader broke and I need to fix it this morning before I can clean the barn. I also have a fresh heifer down in the gully that needs catching. It will take me a little while to get back in the swing of things. My back and legs are killing me, from sitting too much I guess. We did have a lot of fun and listening to Joel was a real treat.

Valerie

We wanted to come out and see you but it just wasn't possible. We really should have headed back right after the feild day. My folks were pretty tired from the extra work while we were gone.

 
At 7/26/2005 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, glad to hear your trip went well. Can't wait to get more details......
Squareye56

 
At 8/01/2005 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words, Scott. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely family. Please continue to encourage and educate us with your agrarian adventures.

I'll try to catch Laura in her Camo skirt sometime and share the photo. She made the skirt herself and received many kind compliments (and a few curious looks).

Keith

 
At 8/02/2005 10:20 PM, Blogger Carmon Friedrich said...

A camo skirt??

I want one! Oh, please, post a picture soon...and could you ask her what pattern she used? I think it would be a great addition to Prairie Muffin wear, a nice change from denim jumpers. Perhaps we could start a new stereotype.

Blessings,
Carmon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home