Thursday, July 14, 2005

What I'm Doing

I got up late this morning. By the time I finished morning milking the post office had called and said that the baby chicks were in. So I skipped breakfast and the whole family went to town to get the chicks. We dipped the beaks and got them settled into their new home. We have some kin folk visiting for a week or so. Leah was with them today, me and little John did chores. It was a hot one today and chores seemed to drag on forever. I just got done with the night milking and stopped in for a cold beer and a snack. Then its off to hook up the brush hog and clip some pasture, there is some golden rod that needs to be wacked off. After I eat supper I hope to get caught up on some emails and see what my other agrarain brothers and sisters have been up to today.

Update

Got the pasture clipped. I took John and Noah out to move the hens ahead and give them a refill of water. Thats when I saw that the first blackberry patch was ripe! There are few things in life better than watching 2 young boys picking and eating blackberries until their little bellies can't hold anymore. Tomorrow we will pick some more for jam. The sour pie cherries are almost ready. We found a one of them golden raspberry bushes in the woods the other day, I figure a bird planted it.

3 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 8:14 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Our blackberries are still green. Go figure! My husband had some questions for you about dairy farming, if you don't mind? Should I paste the questions here or is there a way to send you an e-mail? Thank you.

 
At 7/15/2005 5:52 AM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

Danielle

Always glad to answer questions. You can put them here or email me at trryscott3(at)aol(dot)com.

By the way, most of our blackberries are still green as well. I don't know why these are so far along, but it sure is a nice treat!

 
At 7/15/2005 2:53 PM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

You dip their little beaks in water. Then when you let them go they go and get a drink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home