Thursday, November 17, 2005

Release The Hounds!

I just got a Nite Lite catolog in the mail yesterday. Flipping through it reminded me of all the fun I had as a younster raising and hunting with..... Coon Hounds. I got to thinking, it just wouldn't be right to raise my boys without coon dogs. There is just something about runnin' throught the woods chasin' after hounds. I have it in my head that we will be saving a little money as we can, to get the boys(and their dad) a hound. If you want to learn about Coon Hounds check out this site CoonDawgs.com. They even have a spot to click that lets you listen to hounds treeing a coon! You can also learn all about Coon Dog breeds HERE. You might also like to check out The Christian Houndsman. When I was growing up we hunted in "Night Hunt" competitions and we had a local "coon hound club" that we belonged to. I can remember siting around listening to old men in overalls spin tales about their hounds. We would spend the whole night out hunting and come home just in time to start the morning milking! Great memories! I've got to go..........I just found 25 cents to put in the "dog jar".

4 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 2:31 PM, Blogger B. D. Buie said...

Hey Scott,

Hope things have been going well for you.

I'm back!

 
At 11/17/2005 4:50 PM, Blogger Herrick Kimball said...

Where have you been mr. buie??

 
At 11/17/2005 9:25 PM, Blogger B. D. Buie said...

It's a long story. I'll probably talk about it a bit on my blog but if you'd like to hear it sooner, feel free to e-mail me at: bdbuie@gmail.com

 
At 11/18/2005 5:04 AM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

Wecome back Bryan! I was going to email you this week and see how things were going. Glad to hear your still alive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home