Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Checkin' In

Howdy all. Thought I'd check in and let everyone know I'm still alive and kickin'. I have not been on the computer much this week. I've been real busy justt trying to survive lately, not much time for commentary. With the feed shortage, we had to start grazing the 50 acres on the other side of the hill. Spent all morning yesterday in the cold rain stringing wire up. Now after milking the herd travels up the hill and across a road to eat. Its a long haul! We sold a few cows last week and I was busy getting ready for the guy to come and look at them. The wood pile is getting bigger. I have about 1/3 of what I'll need done. This last week I cut and split some red oak, white oak, maple, paper birch, and hickory. Just about every kind of hardwood we have in these parts. I have the new wood stove in the house. Still working on getting it hooked up to the chiminy. As you might guess, it turned out to be more of a challange than I had suspected. I have not had a chance to get any more traps out, not sure when I'll get time to. Last night I met with some neighbors that are putting together an Anti-FTAA speaking event in Binghamton on the 22nd. We had one last year and had about 90 people show up. Leah got the soap labeled and she has taken some to craft show thingy. The cash flow has not been doing much flowing the last month or so and I'm praying we sell some. Got some fresh beef in the freezer now. One of the bright spots about being poor but having land and critters is the meals never suffer. Last week I ate porter house, sirloin, and t-bone steaks for lunch ever day!

1 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 6:02 PM, Blogger Tom Scepaniak said...

"Last week I ate porter house, sirloin, and t-bone steaks for lunch ever day!"

One thing about us po' folk on the farm, we eat like kings!

Also, good to hear about your Anti-FTAA event. Have at it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home