Friday, April 08, 2005

Rotten Hay, Possum Stew, and Peepers

Garden

John and I are still hauling the base of the "workfree" garden. Leave it to a dairy farmer to make it into more work than a traditional garden! If I had started last fall like your supposed to it would truly be "workfree" this year, but you know me. I think will start posting some pictures of it in its different stages so you can understand better how I'm doing this. So far we've moved lots of rotted hay and little John has been collecting worms and throwing them on.

Possum Stew

You know your a redneck when.........Someone from church brings you a cookbook because it has possum and coon recipes in it. Yep, it happened to me! I will be sure to post the Roast Possum and possum stew recipes for everyone to enjoy! I've never ate possum, but I have ate coons before. Cooked right a coon is mighty tasty.

Peepers

The peepers are peepin'. The bullfrogs are croakin'. Spring has sprung on Hunger Hill. Little John tracked them down the other night. There was a sad sounding frog that he was sure was a turkey! It did sound like a poor mouthcall. He just had to go and check it out. No, we didn't catch any frogs. We will be going back to try if Johnny has anything to say about it!

2 Comments:

At 4/08/2005 12:44 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

Keep us posted! Hey, you missed a prime opportunity for possum stew when we lived at the mansion. John did the catchin'... all we needed was Leah's cookin' and your eatin'! Oh, well. If John scoops another one up sometime, I know who to mail it to.

 
At 4/09/2005 6:26 AM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

I'm afraid I'd be doin' the cookin' and the eatin'. Leah aint much of a possum eater! I knew an old timer once that would put them in a pen and corn feed 'em. They is sposed to be the best. I like coon fried. Dad used to eat frog legs, never tried them myself.

Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home