Friday, April 01, 2005

Can Community Be Separated From Church

Chad Degenhart asks some Questions on Church and Community. This is well worth your time to click and read. I have for some time been struggling with the way churches(reformed churches in particular) have separated themselves from a physical community. At our church were members drive in from every corner of two counties, I feel a need for real community. How in the world we can join the two together again, I don't know. What I do know is that we must.

4 Comments:

At 4/04/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Steve Schlissel has an excellent sermon with good ideas - Succoth: Covenant Community in Your Face that I'd highly recommend.

 
At 4/04/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

Thank you Mrs. Cumbee. As soon as I get a chance I'll give it a listen. I enjoy Steve Schlissel. My friend John was down that way and attended worship at his church. He even got to go over to his house for a BBQ they were having that afternoon!

Scott

 
At 4/04/2005 6:30 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

Pssst, Scott. Said barbeque even involved demon drink, although it was wimpy and pale, for the most part. (Teetotaling I, of course, know this only from observing cans in the hands of others.)

John and I enjoyed the sermon, baptism, barbeque, and subsequent 4 hours spent driving in circles, trying to find our lost way home. Thanks for giving, at the tail end of winter, the memory of a great summer Lord's day.

 
At 4/04/2005 7:09 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

You're welcome, and by the way, I'm the "Kelly" that posts at Valerie/Kyriosity's blog, and recently recommended naming dogs after Lincoln and Sherman.
:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home