Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Lunch Time Post

Things were going along pretty well today. Milking went off without a hitch. Leah and the boys and I went to check out a new farmers market after breakfast. We are interested in going to sell there next year. I went back to the barn and got chores down, even fixed the manure spreader, all before noon. Then Leah pulled in with the truck and said the cows were all out and headed down the road. We went up and got them back in, after a little detour through the woods. We fixed the fence and came home for lunch. I'm hoping things go smoothly this afternoon becouse we are supposed to go to a cook out tonight.

The apple trees are loaded with fruit. I'm thinking about using most of them for cider this year. May even let some "Harden Up", who knows. Ate the first wild raspberries yaesterday. Thinking about brewin' up a batch of Nettle Wine, if I do I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Homesteader Life and a few of our close blogger friends were mentioned at the Planet Raw Milk website. I hadn't seen their site before today, check it out and see what you think.

Tom has some chew and a banjo and doesn't plan on leaving the farm for another week and a half. I'm with you brother Tom!

1 Comments:

At 7/04/2005 8:44 AM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

I had to laugh, Tom had a post the other day that started with his girls getting out. If you have cows and fences ....someday...sometime, you will be chasing them back home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home