Thursday, June 30, 2005

Little John on Soil Improvement

This is a conversation I walked in on between Little John and Grandpa.

GP Says something about worms.

LJ We have worms up at our home. Worms help improve the dirt......no....the soil.

GP Thats right John. Where did you learn that?

LJ My daddy taught me. Did you know chickens help the soil too. They scratch it and poop in it. Me and Noah's chickens are helping improve our soil.

I think I may have been the proudest Dad in the world that day. I'm always explaining what ever we're doing or working on to the boys. Some poeple tell me, "They don't understand that". I don't care what "that" is, if they hear it enough; they will learn it. As I've said before, I think little ones understand far more than most adults think they do. Our most important crop out here is not milk, chickens, eggs, or hay. Our most important crop is children. If every generation raises covenant children that love the Lord, learn good work ethic, and the culture in agriculture, I believe the rest of the crops will come naturally.

3 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 6:11 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Children understand a lot more than some people think. A father's job is the educate and challenge them. Keep it up!

 
At 6/30/2005 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our most important crop out here is not milk, chickens, eggs, or hay. Our most important crop is children. If every generation raises covenant children that love the Lord, learn good work ethic, and the culture in agriculture, I believe the rest of the crops will come naturally. I enjoy reading your blog. I am so inspired and uplifted. You said it so well. Praising God for your hard work. Hope you enjoy the kefir grains I sent.

 
At 7/01/2005 4:43 AM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

Christina

Thank you for the kind words and the grains you sent us. I look forward to trying them. I am researching some guernsey sires for your consideration. When I get done I'll email them to you. Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home