Thursday, May 19, 2005

Thoughts and Updates

I've been busy as a beaver the last couple days, hence my lack of blogging. I now return to the computer to bring you more thoughts and updates from a simple reformed hillbilly. We have had a few calves born yesterday and today. A couple of new fresh cows always adds some time to chores. We still haven't named Elsies calf yet and I may enlist the help of my readers, so stay tuned for some kind of calf naming contest. We have been doing a bit of garden work. Yesterday I decided to put plastic over my layed compost type spot instead of hay mulch. I'll pile on hay and manure and compost this fall after harvest. I did this for no other reason than it was easier right now. Next year perhaps I'll do it with hay. We planted broccoli and cauliflower plants last night. We planted spinach seeds yesterday at lunch time. Tomatoes are next. The blueberries are doing well. I spent a bit of time cutting grass around them yesterday. As time allows I've been reading the Salatin book. What I read yesterday cracked me up. I thought I'd heard every nickname for Harvestore silos (the big blue ones). Joel called them "bankruptcy Tubes". I like that one. But better yet, Charles Walters called them "Monuments to the stupidity of mankind". Speaking of stupidity, I was reading about a feller who went to a "conservative" conference and found a great example of Bush idolatry. He noticed " A number of people at the conference were wearing shirts and hats that piously stated, "God, Reagan, Bush." I am constantly amazed at the evanjellyfish and their support for W. Here in NY the Romanists seem to be the only ones willing to stand for anything. They just barred a "conservative" congressman, who had much evanjellyfish support because he "stood with Pres Bush", from speaking at a school because of his prodeath politics. I was amazed at how many Christians in my area reacted to my support of Peroutka in the last election. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would come under such fire from my brothers and sisters in Christ for not supporting a man who bowed to Buddhist idols, was soft on abortion, and prayed to the same god as Muslims.

2 Comments:

At 5/19/2005 7:55 AM, Blogger B. D. Buie said...

"I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would come under such fire from my brothers and sisters in Christ for not supporting a man who bowed to Buddhist idols, was soft on abortion, and prayed to the same god as Muslims."

But, you're bashing 'God's Party' remember? Haha, nice to hear that you're a Peroutka supporter, also, glad to hear about all of your new additions. Lord bless.

 
At 5/19/2005 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went through the same fire for our support of Peroutka last fall.
We did manage to win one over though, maybe next time there'll more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home