Saturday, May 28, 2005

We Now Have Running Water

We have reached a milestone. Its sort of neat, yet kind of spooky. If you turn on the faucet in the kitchen.......water comes out. When you flush the toilet........it makes a funny noise and fills its self back up with water(no 5 gallon pail required). Bathroom sink......you guessed it, water comes out. We are livin' high on the hog now. Watering the garden is almost to easy. We got one of them long snake like things called a garden hose and...........thats right water comes out of that too! In one afternoon I made my wife very happy and my children amazed.

4 Comments:

At 5/29/2005 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Scott.

I know the feeling. We lived for 18 years with a backhoe-dug well that was only 10 feet deep. It went dry several times over the years and we had to live without water for weeks, and one year for months.

Last year we had a well drilled. Found an "old timer" who still pounded wells and, amazingly, he did not "witch" to find water (which is the reason I hired him). He studied the lay of the land and prayed. Of course, we prayed too and he hit a great vein about 75 feet down.

Now we have lots of pure water (the other well water had bacteria and we seldom drank it) and praise the Lord for that!

Now you can get a washing machine hooked up.

Best wishes,
Herrick Kimball

 
At 5/29/2005 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herrick

First off, I just found the book I was going to send you on the table. Totally forgot, sorry. When Leah and I first got married we left the farm and lived in the Alaskan Bush for a year. Outhouse and hauling water from town, stream, and melting snow were common everyday jobs for everyone up there. So it wasn't as big a deal as it might be for some folks, learning to be without it that is. I like to say our marraige has been a really long camping trip! My wife is VERY exited about the water. I will be hooking up the washer machine Monday, Lord willing.

Scott

 
At 5/31/2005 8:23 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Congratulations! And it's interesting to find out I'm not the only one who has lived in this modern day and age without running water. I'm looking forward to the day when our new house is finished and I can take a long, hot shower!

 
At 6/21/2005 7:26 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

I'm really interested to hear your story about life before running water.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home