Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Monday was a Bear

What a Monday. We had a thunder storm that blew every thing that wasn't nailed down half way across the county. We lost power at noon. By milking time we still didn't have any. The power company said it would be back up by 8 pm. We couldn't find a generator, so we waited. The cows got milked at 2 am this morning. Long night, waiting and waiting. The cows were upset and uncomfortable, and their herdsman could do nothing to help them. I felt awful about the whole thing. The hoof trimmer is coming this morning at 11:00. This on top of everything else. I'm tired and hot and hungry. I'm headed back to the barn to try to get things back on schedule.
I can get by without power at the house, lived without before... kinda like it. The tough part is the milking herd. We need a good generator but the ones big enouph to run my milking system cost an arm and a leg, so I must wait until I can afford one. Well, off I go. I'll check in latter.

2 Comments:

At 6/07/2005 6:02 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I hope you ended up taking my advice and napping...it was a long wait otherwise....

 
At 6/07/2005 4:15 PM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

We slept in shifts, always watching the light bulb!

Thats what I left out folks, we also had matt and his bride and my sister in law and her clan over last night. So until about ten or so I passed the time by drinking beer with elder Newman. After they all left the wait was not near as fun.

Thanks for the PIE Rebecca! It was tasty.

Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home