Thursday, January 13, 2005

Seed Savers

I've been reading this catalog from the
Seed Savers Exchange.

First of all, as you know, I have no problems with using hybrid seeds. However, I do see some wisdom in keeping the Heirloom plants around. There are times when it makes sense to be able to save your own seeds and not have to rely on "store bought" ones. For example, if we had some sort of economic collapse we would not want to spend all of our Liberty Dollars on seeds, now would we. The stories behind some of these seeds are fascinating. They have some dry bean that was brought over on the Mayflower, and other plants with interesting histories. I think I'll plant some just for fun this spring. As you know; I like the old, odd, and different. You can confirm that statement by looking at my friends!

1 Comments:

At 1/13/2005 7:22 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I am somewhat surprised by this. I guess I would have just thought you would have been an avid "purist" with seeds since you are so fascinated with the histories of each of your herd, and like the "pure" unadulterated, undefiled cow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home