Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm Still Here, but older

Wow, today was a heat wave. It was 51 degrees and the snows almost all gone. Fear not, the temps should drop into the teens by tomorrow night, boy thats going to feel chilly. Today I turned 31 years old, and this evening I feel like I'm 65. I spent most of the day cutting, splitting and stacking wood with my boys. One log was a big old maple, oh I hate splitting maple! That snarly ole stuff takes the steam right out of ya. We had a nice calf born yesterday, a Deluxe daughter. Very big, very dairy, very stylish. We really like the Deluxe calves and heifers, we sold one at the Top of the World sale in Madision last year. I got some neat stuff to listen to for my birthday from Wordmp3.com. If you've never been on the site be sure to check it out. They had some stuff on sale this week. I'm a big fan of James Jordon and Peter Leithart. I was thrilled to see their Knowing the Scriptures Confrence was only $5. I thought this looked interesting and it to was only $5. This was the icing on the cake, if you will. Now that I've shared my gifts with you, I'm sure there a few people smiling and more than a few making a mental note to pray for me tonight :)


Emily has a blog. She writes,

"We have taken a road that is perhaps not uncommon to the world in general, but in our respective families it is. Some would call us oddballs but we consider ourselves blessed. Our politics are conservative and our faith is Reformed. We are a one-income family. We homeschool, homebirth, doctor ourselves, and do not vaccinate our children."

I look forward to hearing more from her. We at Homesteader Life welcome all Reformed Agrarian Oddballs. Its nice to know we're not alone!

12 Comments:

At 1/13/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Happy birthday young feller. Never forget I'm your elder. :)

I got the complete WordMP3 set in 2003, and still haven't listened to them all.

 
At 1/13/2006 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Your just a young pup yet. I am five years older, but certainly not wiser. Look forward to a whole new year of great blogging. Thanks for your contributions. I life is fuller for it. Yeah, neat pun...huh? Last name comes in handy sometimes. I should be in bed. I am getting delerious and not because I am drinking home brew.

 
At 1/14/2006 3:43 AM, Blogger Tom Scepaniak said...

Hope it was a good one Scott.And many more to come. And don't worry, when your in your fifties them same jobs will still be there.Just have to figure out how to work smarter I guess.
Here's a blessing to you and yours, you've helped us so much this past year, thank you!

Tom

 
At 1/14/2006 7:13 AM, Blogger Patricia Bunk said...

Scott,

This morning a smile came across my face about us oddballs not being alone. I to fit into that category as I do many things the old ways. Happy Birthday and many more happy days for you and your family.

 
At 1/14/2006 8:11 AM, Blogger The Bradshaws said...

From one oddball to another, Happy Belated Birthday. Somehow, when you know there are other oddballs out there working toward similar goals, one doesn't feel quite as odd.
I'm off to begin construction of my Whizbang "Chicken Slapper" - a name my non-oddball coworkers have given to my project.
Keith

 
At 1/14/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger Missouri Rev said...

Being an oddball who seeks to do the will of his Lord Jesus Christ in a decidedly pagan culture is probably a good place to be. All that is needed is for the world to be turned right side up, (Acts 17:6)! Happy Birthday for sure! With all you agrarian youngins out there in your 30's, I feel like I already got one foot in the rocker and one in the tulip patch at 51.

 
At 1/14/2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Herrick Kimball said...

Happy Birthday Scott!

 
At 1/14/2006 2:16 PM, Blogger Hexdek16 said...

Glorious salutations upon the event of your origin. May your dexterity never be affected in you posterity either, in child or form! (Happy Birthday Old Man!) :J

 
At 1/14/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Happy Birthday one day late!

 
At 1/14/2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Well, Scott, many happy returns of the day to you! May you have many rich and rewarding years ahead of you. And thank you so much for the reference to my blog. It has already generated some activity. God bless!

 
At 1/16/2006 5:44 AM, Blogger Scott M Terry said...

Thanks guys!

 
At 1/24/2006 6:58 PM, Blogger JFC said...

Well, Scott, I can't hardly believe it. I just reviewed this post + comments, and realized there was not a birthday wish from me. I guess the birthday talk I directed toward you was over at Settler's site, talking about the writers you like that were being promoted at Monroe.

Anyway, from one oddball to another, Happy Birthday. May the Lord continue to enable you to bless us with the stories of what you are doing, and periodic advice on how we can, too, be moving in the right direction.

JFC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home